Stories and songs on DVDs, and CDs or other audio-visual format can be an advantage in acquiring a second language. DVDs and CDs:
- increase the phonetics of the language.
- stimulate the learning of new vocabulary.
- show the real intonation and speed of the language.
- gradually increase the comprehension of the language.
- arose the desire to learn additional languages.
Compared to the traditional TV programs, DVDs, CDs and Podcasts offer outstanding alternatives. They are not fixed to a certain time or place. Additionally, they can be stopped and discussed or repeated at areas not understood.
There are some bilingual CDs but these are few.
Tip: We recommed you to look at our Links page in the category “Podcasts” and “Radio for Children”!
Further in Language Stimulation: Games
Back to Language Stimulation: Books and Magazines